19 Sept 2010

15


This is copied from my Facebook notes. Why not share..

 The rules: Don't take too long to think about it. Fifteen albums you've heard that will always stick with you. List the first fifteen you can recall in no more than fifteen minutes. Tag fifteen friends, including me, because I'm interested in seeing what albums my friends choose. (To do this, go to your Notes tab on your profile page, paste rules in a new note, cast your fifteen picks, and tag people in the note-- upper right hand side.)


*note from me: This is actually my list of the albums I would take with me in case of flood (see what I did there?). Luckily I won't have to, cos the floods are nearly over, but here's the list, an embarrasing, embarrasing list:


1. - Backstreet Boys - ''Backstreet Boys'' 1996
Definitely the best album ever - or so i thought from 1996-1998. My sister got it for her birthday, so i had to listen to my copy on tape and i remember crying one night because i thought that when CDs will take over and tapes will be out, i wont be able to listen to them. wow.
2. - Celine Dion - ''Live a Paris'' 1996
Still one of my favourite albums. I know we are all supposed to hate her cos shes so commercial and that, but the songs in french she did in those days are amazing. Bite me!
3. - Madonna - ''Ray of light'' 1998
I got this album as a birthday present from my Italian language teacher in 8th grade. I  still know the lyrics to Ray of light by heart and can sing it perfectly. Jealous? non?
4. - The Cranberries - ''Everybody else is doing it so why can't we?'' 1992
Ahh...The crans:) I have pretty much every track they ever recorded. and the ones they didn't. I got this album from my sister for New years. Amazing! Oh and I cut my hair as the singer when 17. Yes, my zodiac sign is 'a fan'.
5. - Santana - ''Supernatural'' 1999
Really good album isn't it. Is there anyone who doesn't love it?
6. - Velvet Underground & Nico - (the Andy Warhol's banana) 1976
I know how lame this sounds, its like saying your favourite film is Citizen Kane. Well, I got this album from a mate from uni, for helping him with his work.
7. - Ray Charles - Ray OST 2004
I bought this one for passing one of the hardest exams at uni, the construction mechanics, with 9/10 or something. I really loved the film.
8. - Franz Ferdinand - ''You could have it so much better'' 2005
Again, one of my favourites. As Alex Kapranos is one of my favourite people. In the world. Yes he is. Throw the first stone!
9. - Guillemots - ''Throught the window pane'' 2006
Probably the best album ever. I found out about Guillemots in a Dazed&Confused magazine before the album was released. Loved them ever since...
10. - Bloc Party - ''Silent alarm'' 2005
We all love this one don't we. Won't lose words.
11. - The Seal Cub Clubbing Club - ''Super Science Fiction'' 2008
One of the best things i brought with me from UK. Still takes me back to the mornings getting ready for uni and evenings getting ready to go out in 2007, listening to those 4 tracks on myspace. Nik, thank you for recording the album! Life is easier now:)
12. - The Fiery Furnaces - ''Bitter tea'' 2006
This album is so good it makes me want to cry. I used to be addicted to it. Months after downloading it, I got the actual album from a person who got it for free as a promotion at a newspaper and thought they were shit. Thanks again!
13. - Kings of Leon - ''Because of the times'' 2007
So much better than their next album. And this one's got one of my favourite songs on it, 'Fans'. Lovely yes.
14. - Mike Halliwell - ''Part 1: Howl at the Six''
The other amazing thing I brought from England. By my super-talented mate from uni. He still won't sing for me, so I'm hoping to see a live gig in the future. This album sent me to sleep and kept me up working for so many nights.
15. - The Smiths - Best I, Best II
of course...

No comments:

Post a Comment